Brightwell Aquatics OrganitR - Regenerable Organic (Dissolved) Material-adsorption Resin
• Regenerable dissolved organic material (DOM) adsorption resin effective in all marine and freshwater aquaria.
• Improves water quality by removing latent dissolved organic material and encouraging higher oxidation-reduction potential (ORP, also known as “redox”).
• Removes dyes and discoloration from water.
• Will not release adsorbed organic material once exhausted.
• Ideal for use in small (e.g. “nano”) aquaria where a protein skimmer is not feasible.
• Does not actively remove trace, minor, or major elements from aquarium.
• May be used in conjunction with, or as a replacement for, activated carbon.
• Synthetic polymer resin beads provide for durability and excellent flow characteristics; may be employed in fluidized-bed, canister, or passive filtration.
• Regenerable over 250 times, dramatically increasing cost effectiveness.
Organic Adsorption Resin
Instructions and Guidelines: Prior to first use, rinse resin under a stream of fresh water, then discard water. Used as directed, each 500ml of resin will help maintain water quality in 300 US-gallons. Resin will discolor with continued use, indicating exhaustion; regenerate once the resin becomes medium-brown in appearance. The original brightness of the resin may not be re-attained, however the resin will perform as well as before. Continued use and regeneration on a weekly basis will
help reduce the prevalence of dissolved organic material and promotes good water quality; used in this fashion, the resin is effective for up to five years. To a point, effectiveness of resin is directly related to the reaction time it has with aquarium water: the longer the reaction time, the more effectively it will remove organic material. In all cases, the use of a mechanical pre-filter to remove particulate organic material from water prior to its interaction with this media will prolong effectiveness. Fluidized-bed filtration: follow instructions of filter manufacturer for optimal volume of media to use in reaction chamber; start at a low flow rate and adjust to keep media in a steady “churn” within lower 2/3 of chamber. Canister filtration: Load resin into filter as directed by manufacturer; regenerate as directed.
Passive filtration: Place resin loosely in a 300µm mesh filter bag and locate in an area of low- to medium-flow. Turning bag over once during usage will serve to shift the resin beads and increases effectiveness of this method. To regenerate: Dissolve 4 cups table salt in 1 US-gallon of room-temperature water per 250-ml of resin to be regenerated in a clean pail; place resin into pail and stir; allow beads to soak overnight; strain and rinse beads thoroughly in fresh water before re-using. Do not regenerate with bleach, which will damage resin and could kill aquarium inhabitants. Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption
Note: Resin sold moist. Keep closed to prevent drying. Weight varies due to moisture content, therefore product is sold by volume rather than weight.
Brightwell Aquatics OrganitR - Regenerable Organic (Dissolved) Material-adsorption Resin ...more info.Price: $17.79
Brightwell Aquatics OrganitR - Regenerable Organic (Dissolved) Material-adsorption Resin ...more info.Price: $56.39